Monday, May 28, 2007

The Apple iPhone is Sweeet!

So, after reviewing what I wrote on Sunday. I decided maybe it was a good time to check out the keynote Steve Jobs gave at MacWorld in January 'O7 in which he announced the iPhone. I'm sure you all are thinking that I would have already done that, but I hadn't....for some reason I kept putting it off everytime I visited the apple.com site to look at iPhone pictues and read about it (yes, I did this more than a few times). I have to say, now, after looking at the keynote, the iPhone is Sweeet! I am more excited now than I was before....maybe it was a good thing I waited to listen to the keynote, because I really really really want one now. I woke up this morning feeling like I've been waitin' in line for tickets to see a Prince concert (and that's the only artist I have ever stood in line to get tickets for). My favorite feature? Visual Voicemail. You see a voice mail list. It's a list of your voice mails on the screen, and you can select which one you want to listen to. If you want to listen to the fifth message, you don't have to listen to the four before it, or skip through them to get to the fifth message. You just select the fifth message from the list, or the second, or the third, it's your choice! Nice!

Oh yeah I have one take back -- the web sync with your .Mac account idea -- it seems that I was a little over zealous with that idea. The Apple iPhone is going to sync through iTunes for PC and Mac users. So, you'll sync your calendar and your contacts through iTunes the same way iPod users sync up the contacts and calender on their iPod now (I'm guessing they do, I don't...yet) -- put the iPhone on it's dock and it automatically charges and syncs contacts, calendar, music, video, and photos. Very cool. I still like the web sync idea...future feature.

Finally, I decided to check out some Apple iPhone forums to see if their were updates on the release date, and what the memory sizes will be, because a salesperson at Cingular told me the iPhone would be released in 20GB, 40GB, and 80GB models. From everything I've read today this is way wrong. In the MacWorld announcement Steve Jobs said it would be released in 4GB and 8GB models. After reviewing everythingiphone.com and cnet.com I found no recent news disputing this. Those sizes seem small for video, but the sizes are the same as the iPod Nano's memory sizes. And the iPod Nano is the best-selling iPod in the iPod family. 'Nuff said until we get to use it. On the forums and news it seems that Apple is now saying the release date is late June. The latest date I saw was June 29th. Some reports said June 2oth. Ugh! And there is a news report saying that the release will definitely not coincide with WWDC '07 which starts June 11th. Ugh! I know, I know, "Patience is a virtue. Whenever the iPhone is released , it will be the perfect time"...yada, yada ,yada....I want my iPhone;) Go Go Gadget Gurl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey CJ,

congrats on the new blog! i too am greatly anticipating the release of the iphone. as you probably know, i'll be in shanghai starting in sept and i want to have the newest thing for my trip. the problem is that it's really expensive and i'm a student (read: i'd use ced and monny's $$). that's fine, but i'd hate to get the first beta and it turn out to have a huge problem of some sort that they fix a few months later.

I guess i'll just wait until the end of the summer to get one and hope that they fix the big bugs before that. i have a tech/compatiblity question for you though: will the iphone support chinese character input?

congrats again on the fly blog...go ahead on Gadget Gurl!