Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm taking a look at the Blackberry Curve

I’m taking a look at the Blackberry Curve out of curiosity. Why? Well, before the iPhone changed my life I was committed to my Motorola Razr V3. I was an early adopter of the original Razr V3 just like I was with the iPhone. Basically, when a co-worker placed the Razr in my hand, I screamed! I was hooked in an instant. I’m that girl that knows what she wants right away. A week and $500 later I owned a Razr. I was loyal to my Razr for the simple reason that it was the first phone I had that fit anywhere I put it. It was sleek and slim. So, when Blackberry became popular and I saw people checking their emails on the train, the airport, and generally anywhere while they were out and about, I wanted to do the same. Fortunately, I discovered I could on my Razr. Unfortunately, it was a slow and frustrating experience. So, I went to AT&T (my service provider since 1997) to check out the Blackberry. Even though it had a keyboard that wouldn’t require me to hunt for “c” behind “a”, and “b”, even though I could check my email on all my accounts, and it even had a screen that would allow me to read more than 3 words at a time (the Razr's screen was big when it first came on the market), I still couldn’t adapt to the Blackberry. Size was everything to me. In this context smaller is better ;). For two years I would go check out Blackberry smart phones at the store, and they were always too bulky and unattractive. I refused to compromise. At on point, in a moment of weakness I even got a cheap used one from a friend that was upgrading and never took it out of the box. So, had Blackberry Curve beaten Apple in the slim PDA race by at least a mile I would have bought a Blackberry first for certain. It would have to have been a mile at least. This metaphor translates to at least a year before the iPhone because when the iPhone was announced six months before it’s release it was all I wanted -- no other device turned my head. So, now that Blackberry has finally come out with their version of a slim smart phone, I thought I should at least take a look at what they came up with.
I have read two reviews, and gone through the official website, yet before I give you all of my two cents I have to go see it. I can’t stop wondering about it’s real size ;) So, I’m off to the store…
Remember, technology should adapt to you, not you to it.

Go Gadget Gurl!

No comments: